Benefit Risk Assessment - The why and how
Benefit Risk Assessment - The why and how by Kate Hookham, Mindstretchers Senior Trainer
This webinar will help you provide children fantastic, exciting and interesting experiences that balance learning with risk. You will learn how to undertake your own benefit risk assessment within your early childhood setting. Kate Hookham, Mindstretchers Senior Trainer, will clearly explain the process of benefit risk assessment and the definitions of hazards, risks and precautions. She will provide real life examples of practice from our very own award winning Auchlone Nature Kindergarten and discuss how you can equip children to become effective risk assessors.
'Benefit Risk Assessment - The why and how' is aimed at all professionals working within Early Years Childcare and Education. This is an introductory webinar and therefore no pre-requisite learning is required.
By the end of this webinar you'll be able to:
1. Feel confident in providing children fantastic learning experiences that embrace hazards and their associated risks in a considered and safe way
2. Reflect on your own setting's approach to risk
3. Explain the process of benefit risk assessment
4. Define hazards, their associated risks and the necessary precautions
5. Complete an accurate and effective benefit risk assessment for your setting
6. Demonstrate how to involve children in the risk management process
This webinar provides 50 minutes of professional development. You'll have access to it for one year from the time of purchase.
Want your whole team to benefit from our online learning?
Our Learning Tokens offer you our very best discounts and allow you to choose from any of our online modules, webinars or academy talks. They are super flexible and easy to use. Once purchased, you can reimburse your Learning Token for your choice of learning immediately or as and when required throughout the year.