Auchlone Nature Kindergarten Visits
Dates: Various during 2020 (please choose date from the drop down menu)
Time: 10:30 – 12:00
Venue: Auchlone Nature Kindergarten, Auchlone Lodge, Abercairny Estate, Fowlis Wester, Nr Crieff, PH7 3QZ
Auchlone Nature Kindergarten is an award-winning early years centre for 2-5 year olds in Perthshire where children spend over 85% of their time outdoors.
Your visit to Auchlone will involve an exploration of the ethos and methodology of our nature kindergarten as developed by Dr Claire Warden. We will provide an in-depth tour of the areas of inside, outside, and beyond, explaining the thinking behind our practice. There will be ample opportunities for questions, sharing experiences and discussing specific situations. We’ll address a wide range of practical issues linked to outdoor learning.
Our Senior Trainer and/or Auchlone Manager will share their wide breadth of knowledge regarding all aspects of running a Nature Kindergarten and adjust the content of the visit according to your needs and interests.
This visit is ideal for people looking to set up an outdoor learning centre or those who currently work in one as well as educators who wish to begin intertwining nature into all forms of learning whether they are in a rural or urban setting. It will support increased engagement with the natural environment and help you improve your own practice inside, outside, and beyond!
- To explore the origins and approach of Nature Kindergartens internationally and to look at the methodology behind nature education as defined by Dr Claire Warden
- To be able to plan for a relevant nature space in consultation with children
- To look at the layout and day-to-day operation of an outdoor learning environment
- To explore how the Nature Kindergarten methodology can be implemented in any kind of setting or practice.
You will be able to:
- Implement aspects of Nature Kindergarten practice within your setting
- Create natural spaces inside and out and establish rich learning environments that stimulate and engage children
- Design or source natural resources with children to use across the curriculum
“I was really looking forward to visiting Auchlone, I’d heard so much about it and I wasn’t disappointed. I’ll be putting what I’ve learnt into practice as soon as I can.” Nursery Practitioner
“Amazing, a total eye-opener! I can’t wait to start introducing learning with nature to our children.” Nursery Manager
“Inspiring, encouraging, exciting and invigorating. Kate and Mona were wonderful hosts and their enthusiasm for nature pedagogy is infectious.” Primary School Teacher
We offer several Auchlone visits during the year but we can also run bespoke visits for groups – please get in touch if you’re interested.