FREE DOWNLOAD - Wintertime Nature Play Diary
FREE DOWNLOAD - Nature Play Diary - Wintertime
'Experiences can take just a moment but last a lifetime'
The purpose of this Nature Play Diary is to celebrate the experiences your child has enjoyed through the winter.
There are many pages for you to choose from. Download the pages that work for you and the weather you have. Play with the ideas inside or outside and fill this diary with the things you have been doing. There are suggestions on each page and blanks sheets for drawing and writing if you want to print the Nature Play Diary out.
Together with your child you can:
- take photos and put them into the diary
- do a drawing about what your child remembers about being outside
- let your child write the marks and letters they want, and then you can write down what your child says they were writing
- take it back to your child care centre to share with the team there when they reopen
We really want to support families during these challenging times...
So we've created the Mindstretchers Academy Nature Play Diary.
This is a free resource that's perfect for playing with children in the early years taking inspiration from nature. It's made up of free downloadable sheets for practitioners to share with parents and carers so that they can create their own Nature Play Diary.
Our Nature Play Diary will help parents and carers to:
- Create ideas and plans with their children.
- Gather ideas from Dr Claire Warden of things to do inside, outside and beyond.
- Share images of the things they do together to create a diary of wonderful memories. The children can take their diary back to their early years setting or school when they return so their experiences can be explored further.
These are FREE resources but if you enjoy using our Nature Play Diary, a donation (no matter how small or large) would be very welcome!