Inquiry-based Learning with the Floorbook Approach
Join Dr Claire Warden, the creator of the Floorbook Approach, as she explains the theory and practice of the approach, so that you can start using Floorbooks to create an enabling environment within your setting.
Claire will also show you how to ensure the quality of your Floorbooks and Talking Tubs and how best to use them with infants and toddlers. Additionally you’ll explore your role as an adult to build trusting, warm and connected relationships within the learning community.
Watch videos that bring learning to life. You’ll be able to watch how we support inquiry-based learning at our very own award-winning Auchlone Nature Kindergarten. Through these videos we’ll share some great practical ideas for you to implement with your children straight away.
The course includes ongoing support from Claire who will be available to answer your questions, support your plans to embed your learning and help you overcome any challenges you may have.
The course is designed to take 4 – 6 months to complete, this includes time to embed your learning and evaluate your practice.
The course includes the following online modules and academy talks:
• Introduction to Floorbooks
• Introduction to Talking Tubs
• Moving on with Floorbooks
• Moving on with Talking Tubs
• Adult Role - Consider the words you use
• How to improve the quality of your Floorbooks
• How to use a Floorbook to engage infants and toddlers
PLUS! A copy of Claire's e-book 'Talking and Thinking Floorbooks', Learning Journal to support your professional development, Floorbook poster, useful downloads and certificate of completion for proof of your professional development.
‘Inquiry-based Learning with the Floorbook Approach’ is aimed at all professionals working within Early Years Childcare and Education who want to reflect on and grow their own practice. This course starts at an introductory level and therefore no pre-requisite learning is required.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Understand the potential of inquiry-based learning as an inspiring approach to engage and support
2. Feel confident in creating a stimulating learning environment for children.
3. Document children’s voices with Floorbooks.
4. Demonstrate how to set up your Floorbook and use it in your planning cycle.
5. Describe how to obtain breadth and balance in your planning and documentation.
6. Monitor the quality of your Floorbooks.
7. Effectively use the Floorbook Approach with infants and toddlers to implement in the moment
8. Explain the purpose of Talking Tubs and how they support child-led learning.
9. Describe the practicalities of creating Talking Tubs that inspire children to participate in their learning.
10. Create a variety of Talking Tubs for use within your setting.
11. Explain how to promote higher order thinking skills (HOTS).
12. Understand children’s rights and the role of the adult.
13. Feel confident in your role and put excellent pedagogy into practice.
This online course provides a minimum of 10 hours professional development. You'll have access to it for one year from the time of purchase.
Want to pay with your Tokens?
This course is the equivalent of 18 Tokens